Print Archive: July, 2021
Over the past year, our entire lives were turned upside down—and many of us put our health on hold. But summer is the perfect time to get back on track. No matter what motivates you—the aroma of fresh produce in season, warmer weather for longer walks or fitting into that favorite pair of jeans—Rockwell Automation is here to inspire you and cheer you on with holistic benefits and programs that support you from head to toe.
Reap the rewards of the Health Management program
The Health Management program is Rockwell Automation’s well-being program that rewards you for doing healthy things—like walking, completing an annual health screening with your doctor or getting your COVID-19 vaccine. You’ll earn up to $500 off your 2022 medical premiums when you participate.
Take advantage of Virtual Visits
When you’re sick and need care after regular hours, you’re away from home or you just don’t feel like going to the doctor’s office, virtual visits are a good way to connect with a board-certified physician. You don’t even need an appointment.
Get peace of mind with Teladoc Health
Getting a second opinion before you make health care decisions never hurts, and Teladoc Medical Experts can help you do just that. It’s completely free to you and your family and connects you with top specialists to review your situation.
Get personalized retirement investment advice with Edelman Financial Engines
Edelman Financial Engines can help you manage your Rockwell Automation 401(k) investments. The Online Advice program gives you the power to manage your account yourself, whereas the Professional Management program1 pairs you with experts who manage it for you. Both programs count as a Take Action activity in the Health Management program.
1 Available for a fee
Stack up your savings with the HSA
One of Rockwell Automation’s medical options comes with a Health Savings Account (HSA) that allows you to save, grow and invest money to use for eligible health care expenses for you and your family—even all the way into retirement. And there’s some sweet tax advantages that come with it, too.
Boost your resiliency through the Mindfulness and Stress Management course
This engaging course will guide you through six sessions with a health coach to teach you simple ways to recharge your life, identify and reduce your stress level and engage in mindful eating. Completing this course counts as a Take Action activity, too.
Take care of you with Workplace Options
When you need help through life’s ups and downs, unlock five free counseling sessions through Workplace Options, Rockwell Automation’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP). The EAP will connect you with a behavioral health professional, either in person or virtually, depending on your preference. And your conversations are kept 100% confidential.
Unwind with the Calm app
Through Rockwell Automation, you get free premium access to the world’s #1 mindfulness and meditation app, Calm. Calm provides sleep stories that transport you to beautiful scenes across the globe, relaxing instrumental music to keep you focused and daily meditations to help you set your intentions.
- NEW! Relax and unwind with the Calm mobile app. The Calm mobile app is Rockwell Automation’s newest benefit, available to you at no cost. Calm helps you achieve a calmer, healthier mind through daily meditations, sleep stories (including some narrated by your favorite celebrities!), relaxing music and more. If you want the free premium membership, make sure you sign up using your Rockwell Automation email address, not your personal email address. If you’re not sure it’s for you, register for a free welcome webinar, hosted by Calm experts, to learn everything the app has to offer and how it works.
- NEW! Virtual tutoring for school-age children now available. You now have the opportunity to schedule virtual one-on-one tutoring for your child through Bright Horizons® for a small copay of only $15. Tutors can help kids improve their focus, learn difficult subjects, become grade-A test-takers and excel above and beyond. Get started.
- Onsite health screenings will not be held this year. But you can still schedule an annual exam with your personal doctor. Not only will you gain valuable health insights, but you can also count it as a Take Action activity and get a discount on 2022 medical premiums. Learn more.
- Soak up everything summer has to offer. Learn how to be present and cherish special moments this summer through a new on-demand webinar, sponsored by the Employee Assistance Program (Company Code to log in: automation).
- NEW! Relax and unwind with the Calm mobile app. The Calm mobile app is Rockwell Automation’s newest benefit, available to you at no cost. Calm helps you achieve a calmer, healthier mind through daily meditations, sleep stories (including some narrated by your favorite celebrities!), relaxing music and more. When you sign up, use your Rockwell Automation email address, not your personal email address. Get started today.
- NEW! Virtual tutoring for school-age children coming soon. Staring July 15, you’ll have the opportunity to schedule virtual one-on-one tutoring for your child through Bright Horizons® for a small copay of only $15. Tutors can help kids improve their focus, learn difficult subjects, become grade-A test-takers and excel above and beyond.
- Improve your vitality with energy-boosting foods. If you’ve ever felt sluggish or tired and can’t figure out why, your diet might be the culprit. Join us live for an Eating for High Energy webinar this Thursday, June 24, at 11 a.m. Central Time. Mark your calendar!
- Set a foundation for successful, healthy relationships. Learn how to build and maintain strong relationships with the people you care about while respecting their boundaries. Stream this webinar on-demand through the Employee Assistance Program (Company Code: automation).
Warm weather, pool days and barbecues aren’t the only things to get excited about this season. At Rockwell Automation, you have benefits and programs to support you wherever life takes you. Read on to learn five ways to maximize your summer.
1. Plan a budget-friendly vacation using your employee discounts
If you need a getaway this summer that won’t break the bank, the employee discount program offers a wide variety of travel savings. You can save on flights, hotels, theme park tickets and more. Check out what’s available by logging in to EPOCH, the Rockwell Automation intranet.
Unable to travel this summer?
Let storytellers and celebrities guide you through virtual tours of ancient temples, the Irish landscape, majestic woodlands or the breathtaking sunsets of Iceland. It’s all available on the Calm mobile app, available at no cost to you. Get started today.
2. Use less vacation time with Company holidays
Want to get away but need to save up your time off? Use Rockwell Automation holidays to enjoy weekend adventures for Independence Day (two days) and Labor Day (one day) this summer. You can view all Company holidays for 2021 here.
3. Sign your kids up for camp with tax-free FSA dollars
If you currently contribute to a Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) through Rockwell Automation, remember that you can use those savings to pay for summer day camps for your kids. You’ll pay for camp costs out of pocket and then submit a claim for reimbursement on the Your BenefitsTM website.
4. Get the child care you need through Bright Horizons®
If you need a space for your child to thrive this summer, Bright Horizons® has your back. It costs you nothing to register on their website, and when you log in, you can:
- Find experienced nannies
- Enroll your child in a Bright Horizons® center (and get bumped up the waiting list*)
- Get discounts on tuition at participating partner child care centers
- Schedule back-up care when your regular arrangements aren’t available
*Available at select centers
5. Walk, bike or hike—and earn Take Action incentives along the way
Getting outdoors this season can be good for your body and your wallet. Through the Health Management program, you can earn up to $500 toward your 2022 Rockwell Automation medical premiums when you log your steps and other physical activities. From casual walks to 10Ks and summer softball leagues, there are multiple opportunities to earn your Take Action incentives.
Reminder: COVID-19 vaccines can earn you a $200 incentive!
COVID-19 vaccines now count as a Take Action activity. Visit our Take Action page for steps on how to report your vaccine and earn a $200 incentive toward your 2022 Rockwell Automation medical premiums.
- Count your COVID vaccine as a Take Action activity. You can now earn a $200 Take Action incentive through the Health Management program for getting your COVID-19 vaccine.
- Get the support you need this summer with Bright Horizons®. Summer is approaching, and you might need a helping hand to balance everything life throws at you. Your Bright Horizons® benefits can help you manage family responsibilities this summer and throughout the year.
- Child care centers and camps
- Reliable in-home caregivers
- NEW! Discounted academic support and educational enrichment programs
Learn more about all the summer resources Bright Horizons® has to offer!
- Make the most of your Dependent Care FSA dollars. Did you know you can use your Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) dollars for summer day camps? Find out all the ways to get the most out of your account.
- Manage your priorities and boost your productivity. Attend a webinar on June 16 at 11 a.m. Central Time, hosted by Advance ERG, on ways to manage your priorities to maximize your day.
- Learn how to address anxiety in an uncertain world. Recognizing and managing anxiety can actively combat its physical and mental effects in a practical way. Stream the webinar on demand through the Employee Assistance Program (Company Code: automation).
- Download all your benefit contacts right to your phone! Visit our Benefits Resources page on your mobile device and download it to your home screen for easy benefits access on the go. Click the blue “Download Instructions” button on the page.
Contributing to the Rockwell Automation Savings Plan—the 401(k) plan—through Fidelity is a great way to jump-start your savings for retirement. There are several options available to save for your future. Explore the three options below to find the right saving strategy for you.
Three Ways to Save
When you contribute to the 401(k) plan, you’ll either pay taxes on the money going into your account now or when you withdraw the money in the future. Learn more about your three 401(k) contribution options in the chart below.
|Pre-tax||Roth after-tax||Regular after-tax|
|Contributions||Made with pre-tax dollars (money not taxed today)||Made with after-tax dollars (money is taxed today)||Made with after-tax dollars (money is taxed today)|
|2021 contribution limits||For 2021, the combined annual contribution limit for pre-tax and Roth
contributions is $19,500.1
|$19,500 limit does not apply|
|2021 catch-up contributions (age 50 & older in 2021)||For 2021, the combined catch-up contribution limit for pre-tax and Roth
contributions is $6,500.1
|Distributions||You’ll owe taxes (including on any investment earnings)||Tax-free (including any investment earnings2)||Tax-free, but you owe taxes on any investment earnings|
1 These annual limits apply to your Rockwell Automation 401(k) plan contributions and any contributions you made to another employer’s 401(k) plan in 2021.
2 Generally, you must have first made Roth contributions under the Retirement Savings Plan at least five years prior to the date you take a distribution and be over age 591/2 for earnings to be distributed tax-free. Consult a tax professional for more information.
Rockwell Automation Matching Contributions
Rockwell Automation will match 50% of each pre-tax, Roth and regular after-tax dollar you contribute to the 401(k) plan, up to the first 7% of pay you defer to your account each pay period. Company matching contributions, including any investment earnings, are taxed when distributed. Catch-up contributions are not eligible for the Company match. The IRS limits the amount you and Rockwell Automation can contribute in 2021 to $58,000 ($64,500 if age 50 or older).
Saving More With Regular After-Tax Contributions
If you max out your pre-tax and Roth contributions at the 2021 IRS limit of $19,500, you can continue to save above this limit and receive the Company match by electing the spillover. The spillover allows you to keep saving with regular after-tax contributions to the end of the year to get the full Company match (unless you decide to opt out) up to the 2021 IRS limit of $58,000.
Your Saving & Investment Strategy
A saving and investment strategy is dependent on your own financial situation and what stage of life you are in. Edelman Financial Engines through Fidelity provides you with choices for unbiased investment advice (they do not sell investments).
- Online Advice: You have free access to professional-grade online planning tools to manage your 401(k) account yourself. Edelman Financial Engines will make suggestions for an effective portfolio, and you can choose whether or not to implement them.
- Professional Management: For a fee, experts can monitor your 401(k) investments for you and allocate funds into your portfolio as they see fit.
Both services can be accessed at 401k.com and count as Take Action activities under the Rockwell Automation Health Management program.
Call the Rockwell Automation Service Center at Fidelity at 1.877.ROK.401K (1.877.765.4015) or visit 401k.com.
Taking care of yourself is important, especially as the pandemic lingers. It’s always good to check in with your mental health and be honest about what you may need. This month, challenge yourself to do at least one thing to improve your resilience.
Not sure where to start? Consider these five activities for a happier and healthier you.
Participate in the Aware program (and earn an incentive!)
Learn how to counteract stress, improve focus and be more mindful with Aware, a Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program. In six telephone sessions, an Aware specialist will provide one-on-one support and resources you can use for self-guided practice. To access the Aware program, call 1.855.897.4044. Completing the program qualifies as a Take Action activity. After you complete the six sessions, log in to webmdhealth.com/ra, click Aware Program and then click Self Report Now.
Reach out to the EAP 24/7
Anxiety is on the rise given all the uncertainty in the past year. If you’re dealing with anxiety—or any other concerns—consider contacting the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), managed by Workplace Options, for confidential support. Licensed clinical professionals are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You and your family members get up to five free counseling sessions per issue per year. To talk with a counselor, call 1.855.897.4044. For a virtual visit, schedule an appointment through the Beacon Wellbeing web portal, available through the EAP website (company code: automation). You’ll be able to connect with an EAP counselor via Skype, FaceTime, Facebook Messenger or another video platform.
Sign up for a stress management course (and earn an incentive!)
Learn to manage your stress and be more mindful. In this online course, you’ll learn how to identify your stress level, become more resilient, recharge your life, eat mindfully and set stress management goals. To take the course, log in to the new WebMD portal, select the Incentive tab, look for the course and click Sign up. Completing the course qualifies as a Take Action activity.
Get answers about substance abuse treatment
Get support, answers and expert care for substance abuse—for you or a family member. Call 1.855.780.5955 anytime, day or night, for questions related to coverage, cost of care and more. You can also go online for articles, self-care tools, providers and other resources.
Discover services that make life easier
The EAP website has a variety of resources to support you every day. Visit the Savings Center for discounts and special offers from popular brands and national retailers. Use the Find Services feature to find resources for child care, elder care, legal and financial support, schools and camps, scholarships and more. You’ll also find quizzes, videos and articles on almost any topic that interests you. Explore today at achievesolutionsglobal.net (Company code: automation).
- Increase your mental toughness. The next Employee Assistance Program (EAP) workshop will explore mental toughness, grit and how challenging times can help increase your resiliency. Join in on Wednesday, April 28, at 11 a.m. Central Time.
- Get expert support with infertility. National Infertility Awareness Week (April 18 – 24) aims to remove the stigmas and barriers that stand in the way of building families. We do, too. Our Fertility Solutions benefit through UnitedHealthcare (UHC) offers expert guidance and coverage for fertility services—like artificial insemination, IVF and surgery—and related prescription drugs. These benefits are available if you’re enrolled in a Rockwell Automation medical option and participating in the Fertility Solutions program. To get started, call UHC at 844.234.7924.
- Your retirement account may have just gotten a boost. The annual Company contribution for 2020 (the Non-Elective Contribution) was deposited into Retirement Savings Plan accounts on March 31, 2021. Generally, you receive the annual Company contribution if you were hired or rehired after July 1, 2010, and do not participate in the Pension Plan. You can log in to your account to view “transaction history” on Fidelity’s NetBenefits website. If you need help with your 401(k) account, contact the Rockwell Automation Service Center at Fidelity at 877.ROK.401K (1.877.765.4015) between 7:30 a.m. and 11 p.m. Central Time on normal business days.
- The 2020 Annual Funding Notice for the Rockwell Automation Pension Plan is now available.For those hired before July 1, 2010: The Defined Benefit Pension Plan Annual Funding Notice is required by the U.S. Department of Labor as part of the Pension Protection Act of 2006. You can view this notice on raquickfind.com. For more information about the Rockwell Automation Pension Plan, contact the Rockwell Automation Service Center through digital.alight.com/rockwellautomation or call 1.877.OUR.RASC (1.877.687.7272).
- Bright Horizons® helps working parents get it all done. Bright Horizons® offers:
- Access to reliable back-up family care, in your home or a nearby center. In April, you can even make reservations with no copay.
- Priority access and no registration fee for full-time care at Bright Horizons centers.
- Free access to Sittercity’s premium marketplace of sitters, virtual sitting, pet care and housekeepers.
- Access to pre-screened nannies from College Nannies.
- Summer Hours begin the week of June 7 and run through Sept. 3. This program compresses a 40-hour week into 4.5 days, typically with Friday afternoons off. Most U.S. regular, full-time and salaried employees can participate in Summer Hours. (Employees in certain roles and locations might not be able to participate.) Our Summer Hours program is not contingent on where you work—you are encouraged to take advantage of Summer Hours whether you’re working from home or at one of our locations. Because of the Independence Day paid holidays on July 5 and 6, there will be no Summer Hours the week of July 5.