Take action for better health, lower premiums
A new year means a new opportunity to build healthy habits and live your best life. Make your health a priority by starting your 2017 Take Action activity now. You’ll earn $100 off your 2018 medical premiums (or $200 if you complete two Take Action activities by Dec. 31).*
Here’s a quick look at your options. For complete details, review the 2017 Take Action brochure.
10K-A-Day (our most popular activity!)
- What to do. Register for this challenge online. Then aim to reach 10,000 steps a day. Your activity will be converted to steps, and you’ll complete the activity when you achieve 700,000 steps.
- What’s to like? You can easily track your activity by syncing your Fitbit, Jawbone, Garmin, YOO, Movable or Sony tracking device. (Stay tuned: StayWell is working to add other devices, including Apple Health.) In fact, if you register a tracking device this month, your device will sync all your steps and activity since Jan. 1! No tracker, no problem—you can also manually enter your activity/steps.
Get Fit on Route 66
- What to do. Register for this challenge online. Then track your physical activity—any activity you choose—to take a virtual road trip along legendary highway Route 66. Every minute of activity moves you farther along the 2,448-mile route. You complete the activity when you reach the final stop.
- What’s to like? You can track your physical activity online each day, which comes in handy if you don’t have a tracking device or pedometer. You can even use the smartphone app to log activity, view recipes and health tips, “visit” attractions and track your progress.
Weight Loss Program
- What to do. Participate in a qualifying weight loss program for 12 weeks (in four consecutive months). Once you complete 12 weeks, go to staywell.com, click Weight Loss Program #1 and then click Self Report Now.
- What’s to like? It’s a great way to lose weight, and finding qualifying programs is easy. They include Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig® and Choose to Lose (offered in Mequon/Milwaukee), as well as programs offered through fitness centers or health clubs, or guided by a registered dietitian or certified weight loss specialist. Read the 2017 Take Action brochure for program requirements.
Rockwell Automation Walking Challenge
- What to do. Track your physical activity and use the conversion chart on the back of your tracking map to convert your activities into steps. You earn your activity when you make it to the last stop of your walking challenge.
- What’s to like? This is a good option if you don’t spend lots of time on a computer or smartphone. You can track your activity manually on one of five Rockwell Automation-related walking maps. You only need to visit StayWell’s website twice—once to print your tracking map and a second time to report your completion.
- What to do. Run, walk, ski, swim, bike, etc., in a competitive event such as 5K or 10K walk/run, half-marathon, marathon, triathlon or similar athletic competition. (One event equals one Take Action activity). Then simply log in to StayWell’s website after your event to record your participation.
- What’s to like? You get credit for events you train for and complete.
- What to do. Work one-on-one with a trained health coach to get a personalized plan for weight management, exercise, nutrition, stress or cholesterol and blood pressure management. You will receive credit for the program after your third coaching call.
- What’s to like? You can choose your own goals and get support to reach them. Plus, you can talk to your coach about other coaching opportunities and earn a second incentive when you complete a second program.
“EASY START” Calls & Mailings
- What to do. Let a health coach help you determine which healthy habit to target. To earn the activity, complete three monthly phone calls with a health coach and receive three home mailings.
- What’s to like? This program is great if you don’t know where to start or simply want some extra support.
If you have questions about any of the Take Action activities, call StayWell at 1.800.721.2696, Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. (all Central time). To learn more about the Health Management program, visit ra.staywell.com.
*To earn the incentive, you must complete the Health Risk Questionnaire this fall.