Results for Retiree Medical
Check Out Your Choices
If you meet eligibility requirements and retire before age 65 (before you’re Medicare-eligible), Rockwell Automation offers you pre-65 medical coverage. Then, when you turn 65 or become eligible for Medicare, you’ll have access to Via Benefits, a service that helps you choose an individual supplemental Medicare plan. And, if you meet the requirements, you may receive transitional financial support for your medical costs from Rockwell Automation for each year through 2019.
Your Retirement Medical Coverage Choices
Pre-65 Coverage Choices
For retirees and/or dependents who are under age 65 and not eligible for Medicare
You have the same medical plan choices as those available to active employees; these choices include prescription drug coverage. However, HSA option participants will not receive a Company contribution. You can choose to continue the same Rockwell Automation medical coverage you have today after you retire or you can choose a different plan.
Participation in a pre-65 medical plan will end when you or your dependent becomes eligible for Medicare (usually this happens at age 65). At that time, you or your dependent will be offered the opportunity to enroll in the post-65 medical choice.
Post-65 (Medicare-Eligible) Choice
For retirees and/or dependents who are age 65 or older, or otherwise eligible for Medicare, such as due to a disability
Via Benefits will assist Medicare-eligible retirees and their Medicare-eligible dependents with selecting individual medical and prescription drug coverage from the Medicare market. If you meet certain requirements, you will be eligible to receive financial support for your medical costs from Rockwell Automation each year through 2019.
NOTE: If you choose coverage outside of Via Benefits, you will not receive financial support from Rockwell Automation.
Other Possible Medical Coverage Options When You Retire
- Medicare if you’re age 65 or older
- Via Benefits: All Medicare-eligible individuals have access to Via Benefits, a Willis Towers Watson service that will assist you in choosing from hundreds of supplemental and Medicare Advantage plans to find the best fit for you, taking into consideration your health status, prescription needs, vision and dental coverage needs, financial situation, etc. You may be eligible for transitional financial support for each year through 2019 if you elect a policy through Via Benefits.
- COBRA* medical coverage (You should not enroll in COBRA medical coverage if you choose to enroll in a retiree medical plan.)
- Individual coverage you buy on your own, either from an agent or through your state’s health care marketplace
- Coverage through your spouse’s/domestic partner’s employer
* For more information about COBRA coverage, download the Termination Benefits Summary.
More Information About Individual Coverage
To find a link to your state’s marketplace, go to healthcare.gov.
Retirement Summary Plan Descriptions
The following Summary Plan Descriptions have details about what happens to your coverage when your employment with Rockwell Automation ends and are available on Your BenefitsTM or by calling the RASC:
- Rockwell Automation Pension Plan
- Rockwell Automation Savings Plan (the 401(k) Plan)
- MetLife Dental
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- STD and LTD