Results for Parental Leave

Adoption Leave

If a child is placed with you for adoption or foster care, you may be eligible to take leave in addition to parental leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). If you’re not eligible for FMLA, you can request vacation or Personal Leave. Read the FMLA and Personal Leave policies on Epoch > Policies & Procedures.

Family and Medical Leave

Employees may be entitled to an unpaid leave of absence under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Read the policy on Epoch > Policies & Procedures. This policy provides employees information concerning FMLA entitlements and obligations employees may have during such leaves. If employees have any questions concerning FMLA, they should contact their supervisor.

More FMLA Details

The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) allows you to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave a year to care for yourself or a family member, including a new child. In general, you’re eligible if you’ve worked for Rockwell Automation for a year (with 1,250 hours) and haven’t used your 12 weeks for another reason.

FMLA is an unpaid leave. However, you may choose to take vacation or holiday pay during your FMLA time. If you decide to use vacation or holiday pay, your HR representative must route a ticket to the time administrator to enter the vacation time in SAP for you. NOTE: If a Company-paid holiday occurs during the FMLA time, you will not be paid for that day. When you return to work, your HR representative or manager must send a request for holiday payout via the HRSC ticketing system to payroll.

Health Benefits During Unpaid FMLA

If you take unpaid time off under FMLA, you will be billed for your share of the health benefit premiums. If you don’t pay your benefit premiums, your enrollment may default to no coverage when you return to work.

Reminder: Make Benefits Changes Within 31 Days

A qualified status change, like having or adopting a baby, allows you to make changes to your benefits—such as adding a child to your medical coverage, changing how much you contribute to a Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or enrolling in a Dependent Care FSA. To make changes, go to Your Benefits or call the RASC within 31 calendar days of the qualified status change.