Print Archive: November, 2023
- Mark your calendar. Dec. 31 is the deadline to incur expenses for 2023 FSAs. You forfeit any amount over $570 in your Health Care FSA or Dependent Care FSA after Dec. 31.
- Sleep better. Get Easy Tips for Better Sleep with the five-part Calm series featuring neuroscientist and sleep expert, Dr. Matthew Walker. Your Calm membership is free as a Rockwell Automation benefits-eligible employee.
- Care for the caregiver. Explore how to take care of yourself and cope with caregiver stress while supporting your loved ones in the latest on‑demand webinar hosted by our Employee Assistance Program (Company Code to log in: automation).
- Enjoy your holiday. The Rockwell Automation Service Center will be closed on Nov. 23 and Nov. 24 for the Thanksgiving holiday. We wish you a happy holiday with friends and family.
The changing foliage marks a natural turning point for healthy habits. Hike in the crisp autumn air. Fill your plate with seasonable veggies. Cultivate financial wellness. There’s inspiration all around this season for healthy living.
Walk with friends and family. Walking with loved ones can turn a dreaded exercise into a meaningful social occasion. If you’ve been avoiding the outdoors because of the heat, now’s your chance to take in some fresh air and burn off that pumpkin-spiced latte. Track your steps and earn a Take Action Activity credit while you’re at it.
Fight the flu. Flu shots are 100% covered by the Rockwell Automation medical plans. According to the Centers for Disease Control, a flu shot is the single most powerful way to fight the flu this fall. Flu shots are free for covered family members, too.
Take care of your mental health. Shorter days and cooler temperatures can lead to seasonal sadness and anxiety. As a benefits-eligible Rockwell Automation employee, your free, premium membership to the Calm app includes tips to manage seasonal mood changes. If you need to speak with a professional counselor, the Employee Assistance Program offers free, 24/7 support for you and your family members.
Get a health screening
Complete a biometric health screening to earn $100 on next year’s medical premiums. The screening measures four healthy targets—blood pressure, cholesterol, blood glucose and body mass index (BMI)—that will provide you with important information you can use to manage your health. An annual health screening is free with a Rockwell Automation
Focus on your financial well-being. Take advantage of services and tools offered through Fidelity to help you:
- Check and monitor your Rockwell Retirement Savings Plan (401k) account
- Track your progress toward retirement or other personal financial goals
- Plan for health care expenses, college expenses, Social Security and more
Let an experienced Fidelity representative help you with your personal financial goals. Sign up for a one-on-one virtual consultation on December 7th or 8th through this link. Don’t worry, if these dates do not work with your schedule, we will be offering additional one-on-one consultations in 2024. Watch your inbox for future communications from Fidelity about our upcoming live webinars and one-on-one consultations.
What better time than Thanksgiving to give with gratitude. Volunteer at your local food pantry. Pick up trash in a neighborhood park. Give money to a charity that’s close to your heart. Giving takes many forms, big and small, and the world needs all of them.
However you choose to enjoy the new season, we wish you a happy and healthy fall.
- Get your 2024 Annual Enrollment Guide. Download your 2024 Annual Enrollment Guide to learn all about your 2024 benefits options, how to enroll and more!
- Dependent audit coming soon. Rockwell Automation will audit covered dependents in 2024. Use Annual Enrollment to make sure your covered dependents meet the eligibility requirements.
- Pause, breath, resume. Learn how to notice your thoughts and channel your energy in the latest on‑demand webinar hosted by our Employee Assistance Program (Company Code to log in: automation).
- Cultivate perseverance. Take advantage of your free Calm premium membership by attending this free webinar on building resilience on Oct. 12, 1 p.m. CT.
Annual Enrollment for 2024 benefits is Oct. 21 through Nov. 12. Here are some changes you’ll want to know.
Nominal medical rate increase. Good news! Your medical plan options will remain the same for 2024 with no design changes and below national average rate increases. If you cover a spouse/domestic partner who’s eligible for subsidized medical coverage through their employer, you must pay a surcharge to cover them under the Rockwell Automation medical plan. For 2024, the surcharge is $520 per year for employees making less than or equal to $50,000 a year, and $1,300 for all others.
Enhanced dental coverage. We’re increasing the annual maximum and age limit for covered dependents in 2024, giving you more funds and family coverage for dental care. To give you better, more comprehensive dental care, we removed the maximum age for orthodontia care, added adult orthodontia and extended the lifetime maximum for orthodontic services.
Dependent audit coming soon. Rockwell Automation will audit covered dependents in 2024, so use this enrollment period to confirm any dependents you’re covering meet the eligibility requirements. Review the eligibility requirements at raquickfind.com/keyword/eligibility to learn more.
Enroll starting on Oct. 21. You can enroll on Your BenefitsTM starting on Oct. 21 through Nov. 12, 2023. Use the easy-to-use modeling tools to help you make smart benefits decisions for next year.
If you don’t enroll during Annual Enrollment, your current coverage will roll over to next year (except FSA). You must re-elect FSAs each year per IRS guidelines. If you continue participation in the HSA medical plan option, your HSA contribution will default to your 2023 election.
Annual Enrollment is your once-a-year chance to make changes to your benefits for next year unless you experience a qualified status change like the birth of a child, adoption, marriage or divorce. Use this enrollment to make sure you have the best benefits for you and your family for 2024.
- Enroll to win! Be one of 50 lucky people who win a $75 gift card just by enrolling in Real Appeal on August 29 through September 15. There are no program participation requirements after you complete your basic information and eligibility.
- Save and spend wisely. Learn practical steps to getting out of the financial ruts in the latest on‑demand webinar hosted by our Employee Assistance Program (Company Code to log in: automation).
- Support youth mental health. It’s hard asking for help, especially when you’re young. Watch this free, on-demand webinar from Optum to learn new approaches and key research findings related to youth mental health.
Most people assume they need to lose a significant amount of weight to see health benefits. But research shows losing as little as 3% or 5% of your body weight improves your health.
If you’re ready to get in shape, lose weight and feel better, Real Appeal can help. Best of all, Real Appeal is free for you and your covered dependents 18 years and older if you’re covered by one of our UnitedHealthcare medical plans.*
Backed by science, Real Appeal is a health program focused on small doable steps–things you want to do–that can make a big difference in the long run for your life. When you enroll in Real Appeal, you receive:
- A Success Kit with a fitness guide, recipes, food scale and more to kick-start your health journey.
- An online coach to support you through a simple, customized plan that fits your needs, preferences and goals.
- 24/7 online access and a mobile app to track your progress.
- On-demand fitness classes to keep you moving.
Unlike fad diets and trends, Real Appeal offers a minimum of 52 weeks up to one year of support, giving you time to change your lifestyle and see results. The program has flexibility for different eating styles. You can customize your diet plan to suit your tastes, and your coach will tailor the program to fit your body type and schedule.
Throughout your journey, you can also attend weekly meetings with your coach and other members for inspiration. You’ll get community and tips to keep you motivated. Through these small steps, based on behavior change science, you can build lasting habits for healthier living.
If you’re ready to spark your transformation, enroll at ra.realappeal.com. Sign up between Aug. 29 and Sept. 15 and you’ll be entered for a chance to win one of 50 $75 Visa gift cards.
*Subject to eligibility. Participants must show a BMI of 23 and higher.
Summer’s finally here! Time to enjoy outdoors. Whether you like bike riding, boating, swimming or hiking, here are some tips to help you get the most from your summer safely.
- Protect your head. Wear a helmet when biking or riding a scooter, motorcycle or ATV. Just be sure that your helmet meets the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) safety standards for your activity (different activities require different helmets).
- Always wear sunscreen. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least 30 SPF every day. Don’t forget to reapply after swimming, sweating or after more than two hours in the sun. To avoid harmful UV rays on your face and to keep you cool, wear a hat or visor.
- Drink up. In hot weather, your body can lose up to a quart of water an hour. Drink water before, during and after your activity. Also, invest in a refillable water bottle, so you’ll always have water while on the go.
- Keep your cool. Stay indoors during intense midday heat and sun to avoid UV rays when they are most powerful and harmful. Enjoy the outdoors in the morning or evening. And seek shade when possible.
- Watch out for heat stroke. Watch for very hot and dry skin (no sweat), dizziness, nausea, confusion and unconsciousness. If you suspect someone has heat stroke, move him or her to a cool area or immerse him or her in cool water (or pour it over him/her) to lower the body temperature as quickly as possible. Seek medical attention immediately.
- Don’t forget bug spray. If you live in an area where ticks and mosquitoes are common, apply repellent with DEET.
- Don’t overdo it. When out enjoying swimming, boating or any other strenuous summer activity, take notice if you, or others you are with, are starting to suffer fatigue that could endanger you or others.
Finally, if you’re going to enjoy the outdoors you might as well get credit for it! Many of your summer outdoor activities count for the Health Management Program. To get started, visit join.virginpulse.com/RockwellAutomation. Existing members can go here to track eligible Take Action activities.
- Overcome parental guilt. Learn how to make peace with yourself as a parent and connect better with your child(ren) in the latest on‑demand webinar hosted by our Employee Assistance Program (Company Code to log in: automation).
- Get ahead of the school year. Schedule one-on-one tutoring for your child through Bright Horizons® for a small copay of only $15. Tutors can help your child improve their focus, master difficult subjects, become better test-takers and excel next year in school.
- Turn to Edelman Financial Engines. Through Rockwell Automation, you have access to investment and retirement help from Edelman Financial Engines (EFE). Their Investment Advisor Representatives can help you understand your retirement evaluation as well as the financial and investment advice services available to you. Should you have any questions or wish to speak with an EFE advisor, you can contact EFE directly at 1.800.601.5957 during business hours. Alternatively, you can select the Edelman Financial Engines link on 401k.com.