Print Archive: May, 2023
- Multiply your OnTrack points. Double your points from May 21 to May 28 for consistently making healthy choices in steps, sleep, tracking your habits and more. Stay tuned for more “multiplier” opportunities from OnTrack in June, August and November. Check OnTrack for details.
- Plan now for time away. Ready for a vacation? You can use your three annual floating holidays along with any unused personal time off. Just don’t forget to discuss your plans with your manager ahead of time.
- Use those Dependent Care FSA dollars. Did you know you can use Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) dollars for summer camp? Learn more about eligible spending with this tax-advantaged account.
- Are you a good listener? Learn practical tips to be a better listener in this month’s free on-demand webinar (Company Code to log in: automation) provided by the Employee Assistance Program.
- Keep your pets healthy. Need to update your pet’s vaccines or take them in for a wellness visit? Rockwell Automation offers Pet Insurance through MetLife at discounted group rates.
You’re not alone
If you suffer from anxiety, depression other mental health issues, you’re not alone. Recent estimates from Johns Hopkins state that one in four US adults experience these mental health conditions while the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) found that one in twenty live with serious mental illness.
Mental health issues are unfortunately common, but they’re also treatable. Yet stigma often prevents people from getting help. Rockwell Automation supports your mental health with free, confidential counseling regardless of your tenure at Rockwell or participation in any other employee benefit.
You get five free confidential counseling sessions per issue a year. A licensed counselor can offer you guidance and tools to cope with life’s challenges including relationship troubles, financial instability, stress, anxiety, depression, addiction issues and more. Simply visit Workplace Options (Company Code: automation) to schedule your appointment.
If you or someone you know is suffering, you can also reach out to your primary care physician for general guidance and referrals to mental health specialists in your area. If you prefer to do your own research, here’s a list of free online resources:
- The Centers For Disease Control provides basic public mental health information including myths, facts and prevention. It also includes a list of free helplines.
- Mental Health Is Health has answers to frequently asked questions about mental health and how to participate in Mental Health Action Day.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness offers advocacy, education and support for families affected by
- NAMI Teens & Young Adults has resources on subjects like how to recognize the signs of mental illness and get support and treatment for yourself or your teen.
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline provides 24/7 support for people in distress as well as best practices
for suicide prevention and dialogue.
If you have questions about your Rockwell Automation benefits, call the RACS Rockwell Alight Service Center (RASC)1.877.687.7272, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Central Time. You can also visit digital.alight.com/rockwellautomation.
- Note the Annual Funding Notice. If you’re a Rockwell Automation employee hired before July 2010 and participate in the Rockwell Automation Pension Plan, we will send the 2022 Annual Funding Notice to your home address on file by mail later this month. The Defined Benefit Pension PlanAnnual Funding Notice is required by the U.S. Department of Labor as a part of the Pension Protection Act of 2006.For more information on the Rockwell Automation Pension Plan, contact the Rockwell Alight Service Center through digital.alight.com/rockwellautomation or call 1.877.687.7272.
- Navigate your health care with Amino. If you’re a Rockwell Automation employee covered under a UnitedHealthcare medical plan, you can now search, evaluate and book quality and cost-effective health care with free access to the Amino Smart Match Tool. Download these helpful instructions to get started.
- Enhance your vision. As a UnitedHealthcare Vision member, you can now renew your eyewear prescription virtually with ExpressExam. This is available to you at no additional cost and is a quick, simple way to help you take care of your vision.
- Review your COVID-19 coverage. With the COVID-19 national emergency and public health emergency ending on May 11, the COVID-19 vaccines will be covered 100% by in-network providers as preventive care. You’ll be responsible for the lab work share of a COVID-19 test.
- Guide your family to green living. Learn the steps to sustainability with the latest on‑demand webinar hosted by our Employee Assistance Program (Company Code to log in: automation).
Celebrate Earth Day
Earth Day happens every year on April 22. First held in 1970, Earth Day is now one of the largest global holiday celebrations, including one billion people in more than 193 countries. This year’s theme is “Invest in Our Planet,” so here are some simple ways to act on Earth Day—and every day—to protect this glorious planet we call home.
Get outside. When the weather is nice, skip the gym, treadmill and elliptical and get outside. You’ll save energy while burning calories walking, running or bike riding in nature.
Pause on plastic. Drinking water is good for you, but the millions of single-use plastic bottles in our landfills are not good for the environment. Invest in a non-disposable bottle to quench your thirst. You’ll save money and reduce non-degradable waste.
Plant a tree. Trees give off oxygen we need to breathe. They reduce storm water runoff which slows the erosion and pollution of our waterways. Trees also provide food, protection and shelter for many birds and mammals. Contribute to our future by planting one today.
Pick up trash. Every piece of trash you recycle or throw away is one less dangerous item for birds, turtles or whales to swallow. Picking up trash also beautifies our world and reduces the stress put on government agencies to keep up with litter. If you see a piece of trash outside, take a moment to pick it up and throw it away or recycle it.
Finally, the best way to celebrate Earth Day is to get educated and involved in your community. There’s nothing more empowering than action for meaningful change. Invest your passion, energy and enthusiasm to make a positive difference. Learn more at earthday.org.
- Tackle loneliness with connection. Learn practical steps to overcome loneliness and build better connection with others in the latest on‑demand webinar hosted by our Employee Assistance Program (Company Code to log in: automation).
- Schedule your annual physical exam. Routine physical exams increase the likelihood of your health provider catching chronic disease early. Have your provider complete the Health Care Provider Form at the exam to save money on next year’s medical premiums. Annual exams are 100% covered by your Rockwell Automation medical plan when you use a network provider.
- Achieve real results with Real Appeal. Based on decades of proven clinical research, this program can help you lose weight and reduce your risk of developing diabetes, cardiovascular and other weight-related diseases. Real Appeal is available at no additional cost to employees enrolled in a UnitedHealthcare medical plan.
Get ready to bloom
With spring just around the corner, now’s a good time to reset your habits for a healthier you. Here are a few tips to jump start your total wellbeing.
Make mental health a priority
Improving your sleep quality, reducing your stress and prioritizing your mental health can increase your peace and happiness. What’s more, there’s an app for that and it’s free for you and your dependents if you’re a benefits-eligible employee. Download Calm today to ease your mind and enhance your life.
Meal prep for the week
Planning your weekly meals saves you trips to the grocery store and helps you make healthy choices all week long. Buying in bulk can even save you money. Use your OnTrack by Virgin Pulse app to find healthy recipes and count your daily calories. You’ll eat better and earn Take Action Activity credit toward your 2024 medical premiums.
Move your body
There are so many reasons to stay active, even if just a little bit each day. Exercise has been shown to increase lifespan and reduce the onset of chronic conditions like heart disease, stroke and obesity. It can even boost your mood and energy levels. Use you OnTrack by Virgin Pulse app to count your daily steps and earn Take Action Activity credit toward your 2024 medical premiums.
Meet your match
If you’re enrolled in the Rockwell Automation Retirement Savings Plan, Rockwell Automation will match 50 cents on every $1.00 on the first 7% of pay you contribute each pay period. Pre-tax, Roth 401(k) and after-tax are eligible for company match (catch up contributions are not). Consider increasing your contribution rate to take full advantage of this free money from Rockwell.
Follow these simple steps to cultivate positive outcomes. Each inspired action you take creates a ripple effect to bloom the health and savings in your life.
Build a better you
Great news! Virgin Pulse is replacing WebMD as the program administrator for the 2023 Health Management Program. With OnTrack by Virgin Pulse, you get the same program benefits with a wider variety of activities to earn incentives. Get started today:
- Enroll using your personal or Rockwell email at virginpulse.com/RockwellAutomation. Enter your last name, as reflected in your Workday profile, and Rockwell employee ID.
- Download the Virgin Pulse mobile app for Apple or Google Play to access activities and earn incentives from the convenience of your phone.
Once you’re enrolled, begin by completing the Health Check (formerly the Health Risk Questionnaire) found under the Health tab. The Health Check asks questions about your current health status and wellbeing habits. You’ll get a personalized health score, learn about possible health risks and get practical tips to improve your wellbeing.
After you’ve completed the Health Check, choose the healthy activities that fit your health goals to start earning incentives. Increase your daily steps, take a Healthy Habit Challenge, track your workout minutes or mediate with Calm—to name just a few. To see a complete list of eligible activities, visit How to Earn on the OnTrack by Virgin Pulse website or app.
If you have questions, call OnTrack by Virgin Pulse at 1.888.671.9395, Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. Central Time, or visit raquickfind.com/health-management-program. You must complete the Health Check and all OnTrack by Virgin Pulse program requirements by Dec. 31, 2023, to save money on your 2024 medical premiums.
- Get more sunshine. Explore the benefits of getting outdoors in the latest on‑demand webinar hosted by our Employee Assistance Program (Company Code to log in: automation).
- New 401(k) employee contribution limits. The IRS puts limits on how much can be saved to employer-sponsored 401(k) plans. Generally, these limits are increased annually. The combined pre-tax and Roth contribution limit for 2023 has increased to $22,500. If you’re age 50 or older in 2023, you may make additional catch-up contributions up to $7,500. You can change your contribution rate to the Rockwell Automation Retirement Savings Plan at any time throughout the year.
- Plan to succeed. You work hard to make a meaningful contribution to Rockwell Automation. Now plan for a happy and secure financial future. Use the handy Retirement Timeline tool to learn the steps you need to take for a smooth transition into retirement. Download the Retirement Guide to review your options at Rockwell Automation.