Print Archive: December, 1999
Ready for the best summer ever? Rockwell Automation benefits and programs can help you refresh and rejuvenate all summer long.
Get credit for outdoor time
Getting outside this summer can be good for your health and your wallet. Through the Health Management program, you can earn up to $500 toward your 2023 Rockwell Automation medical premiums when you log your steps and other physical activities. From casual walks to 5Ks and summer sports, enjoy the countless ways to earn incentives while enjoying your summer.
Save on concierge services
Rockwell Automation offers a variety of corporately negotiated discounts for entertainment, sports events, dining, lodging and other services. These concierge services and discounts are available to all active employees. Visit the Rockwell Automation intranet site, Epoch, to learn more.
Feel Calm and present
Improve your relaxation time with the world’s happiest app. As a benefits-eligible Rockwell Automation employee, you get a free premium membership to Calm when you register online. Find your happy place—and earn a $100 Take Action incentive for completing the Daily Calm—with thousands of meditations, sleep stories, music and more.
Protect your home while you’re away
Leave a key with a trusted neighbor. Arm your alarm. Take advantage of the special discounts on home insurance from Farmers Insurance® Choice for being a Rockwell Automation employee. Call 1.866.586.6048 and mention Rockwell Automation for a personalized quote. You’ll have a better time away knowing your home is protected.
Don’t forget your furry friend
Summer is the purfect time to catch up on pet vaccines and wellness visits. To help you cover those expenses, Rockwell Automation offers Pet Insurance through MetLife at discounted group rates. Call 1.800.438.6388 to get a quote today. Pay using after-tax payroll deductions for added convenience.
Enjoy your Company holidays
We’re celebrating two paid Company holidays this summer on Independence Day (July 4 and July 5) and Labor Day (Sept. 5). Enjoy this time along with any unused paid time off and floating vacation days. You can view all 2022 Company holidays here. Make sure to discuss vacation plans with your supervisor or manager.
No matter how you decide to spend your summer, make the most of it with family and friends—and your benefits and programs from Rockwell Automation. Happy summer!
- Connect with yourself through nature. Discover the importance of being outside and enjoying nature to increase your well-being. Watch Finding Yourself Through Nature, our EAP’s latest on-demand webinar (Company Code to log in: automation). The recording will be available on June 21.
- Use your Dependent Care FSA dollars. Did you know you can use your Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) dollars for summer day camps? How about in- or out-of-home day care? Take advantage of eligible summertime expenses using your Dependent Care FSA.
- Save on summer responsibilities.Get a helping hand this summer. Turn to Bright Horizons® for help finding quality nannies, elder care givers, pet sitters and more. You can even get discounts on tutoring and test prep to give your child a head start in the coming school year
- Transparency in coverage. The federal Transparency in Coverage Rule requires our group health plan to disclose price and cost-sharing information to participants. To comply, Rockwell Automation is posting a link to UnitedHealthcare’s website with instructions on how to access this information starting on July 1.
American adults spend about 90% of their time indoors. That’s a shame because spending time outside can be health-changing. There are countless benefits to being in nature, soaking up the sun and breathing fresh air. And if you’ve been shut in during the pandemic, it’s way past time to get back to nature.
Still need convincing? Here are five key reasons to slather on your sunscreen and head outside today.
1. Better health
Regular sun exposure can help lower your blood pressure, reduce inflammation, boost your immune system and reduce your risk of heart attack. It also helps boost your vitamin D, which is essential for your overall health. (About 40% of adults in the U.S. are vitamin D deficient, which can lead to osteoporosis, cancer, heart attacks and strokes.)
2. Deeper sleep
Struggling to snooze? Time in the sun helps set your internal sleep-wake clock, which can improve your quality of sleep. For additional support in getting a good night’s rest, be sure to watch Sleep Essentials, this month’s on-demand webinar from our Employee Assistance Program (EAP). (Company Code to log in: automation)
3. Improved brain function
There’s a reason people often take a walk outside to clear their heads. Time outdoors is linked to improved focus, memory, mental clarity and creativity. One study even found that daily time can increase gray matter in the part of the brain associated with memory, decision-making and attention. So next time you want to increase your productivity at home or work, step outside.
4. Happier mood
Spending time outside makes you happy! It’s known to increase serotonin levels—a natural mood booster—and help decrease stress, anxiety, depression and anger. Some research suggests that spending time outdoors has a similar effect on your health as meditating does.
5. Better workouts
According to WebMD, people work out longer and burn more calories when outdoors. That’s partly because outdoor elements, like wind, grass and uneven surfaces, contribute to your core strength, muscles and cardiovascular fitness.
Why not take advantage and complete your next Take Action activity outside? Swim, walk, ride, run or skate to complete 10K-A-Day, or join a local 5K as your Community Athletic Event.
Want to experience these benefits for yourself? Challenge yourself to spend five to 15 minutes a day outside, two to three times a week. Then take note of how you feel after a few weeks. Chances are, you’ll notice improvements in your health, mood, sleep and activity level—and you’ll be inspired to spend even more time in the great outdoors.
- Don’t forget to complete Take Action activities! The number of completed Take Action activities is down this year. Let’s change that. Challenge yourself to complete a Take Action activity over the next month. You’ll improve your health and be a step closer to earning up to $500 off your 2023 medical premiums. For an extra health boost, look for a Take Action activity you can complete outside.
- Snooze your way to better health. For optimal health, experts recommend at least seven hours of quality sleep each night. Regularly falling short of that increases your risk of health problems like high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes and depression. To avoid that and start a healthy bedtime routine, watch Sleep Essentials, our Employee Assistance Program’s latest on-demand webinar (Company Code to log in: automation). The strategies you learn may help you reduce stress and improve your well-being, too.
- Summer Hours are back! Summer Hours begin the week of June 6 and run through Sept. 2. This program compresses a 40-hour week into 4.5 days, typically with Friday afternoons off. Most U.S. regular, full-time, salaried employees can participate. (Employees in certain roles or locations may not be able to participate based on their work.) Be sure to discuss your plans with your manager. And note that given the Independence Day paid holidays, there will be no Summer Hours the week of July 4.
- Enjoy a break this summer. Thinking of taking a vacation? Keep in mind that you get three floating holidays—paid holidays you may take any time during the year—in addition to your vacation days. And be sure to discuss your plans with your supervisor or manager so they can ensure a smooth workflow in your department.
Retirement planning starts with thinking about your future lifestyle goals and how long you have to meet them. To have a comfortable, secure—and happy—retirement, you’ll need to create a savings strategy that accounts for your age, target retirement date, income, debts, medical coverage needs and more.
Whether you’re years or months away from retirement, these retirement planning tools through The Rockwell Automation Retirement Savings Plan—the 401(k) plan can help you plan smarter for retirement.
Download this overview of your retirement benefits through Rockwell Automation to learn how to start the planning process, your medical options in retirement and other helpful information.
Retirement Process Timeline Tool
Model different retirement dates and see what steps you need to take for a smooth transition into retirement.
Rockwell Automation Service Center (RASC) and YourBenefits™
Use the Pension Modeler, start the Pension Plan payment process, get copies of SPDs, and find answers to questions about retiree medical, COBRA coverage, post-retirement benefits and more.
Fidelity (Rockwell Automation Service Center at Fidelity)
Access financial tools, calculators, articles and free retirement planning workshops. Process your distribution election for The Rockwell Automation Retirement Savings Plan—the 401(k) plan. Manage your annual contribution rate based on your savings goals.
Edelman Financial Engines
Take advantage of free, unlimited investment planning tools. Or, for a fee, experts can create a retirement planning strategy for you that includes your 401(k) plan and other income sources.
Termination Benefits Summary
If you are considering leaving Rockwell Automation for another opportunity or retirement, download the Termination Benefits Summary to learn how leaving the Company impacts your benefits.
Visit raquickfind.com/Retirement for a complete list of your Rockwell Automation retirement tools and resources—including Savings Plan details, contact information and downloads.
You work hard to make a meaningful contribution at work. Let our benefits, tools and resources create a meaningful contribution to your retirement.
Keep in mind …
- Aspects of your personal situation might require you to seek additional guidance regarding your retirement benefit decisions and review any decisions you make with a financial or tax advisor, accountant or attorney.
- The Rockwell Automation Retirement Savings Plan—the 401(k) plan is available to all employees, including those who are scheduled to work less than 20 hours per week. After 30 days of employment, you are automatically enrolled at a 3% pre-tax contribution rate (unless you make an election).
- Annual limits apply to your Rockwell Automation 401(k) plan contributions and any contributions you made to another employer’s 401(k) plan. For more information, consult the Retirement Summary Plan Descriptions.
- Find joy in a new hobby. Increase your wellness by finding the perfect hobby for you in this free webinar from the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). (Company Code to log in: automation).
- Get excited about the annual Company 401(k) contribution. The Company contribution for 2021 (the Non-Elective Contribution) was deposited into your Rockwell Automation Retirement Savings Plan—the 401(k) plan account on March 31, 2022. Log in to the Fidelity NetBenefits website to confirm the deposit. If you need assistance, contact the Rockwell Automation Service Center at Fidelity at 1.877.765.4015 between 7:30 a.m. and 11 p.m. Central Time.
- Note the Annual Funding Notice. The 2021 Annual Funding Notice for the Rockwell Automation Pension Plan is now available on raquickfind.com. The Defined Benefit Pension Plan is required by the U.S. Department of Labor as part of the Pension Protection Act of 2006. For more information about the Rockwell Automation Pension Plan, contact the Rockwell Automation Service Center through digital.alight.com/rockwellautomation or call 1.877.687.7272.
- Better manage and spend your HSA and FSA funds. Find easy-to-understand educational resources and a wide selection of eligible Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) products for purchase through HealthEquity. With the HSA/FSA Store, you get access to integrated and seamless payments on purchases from your FSA and HSA, special discounts on eligible products, and 24/7/365 member support. Access the HSA/FSA Store from your HealthEquity account portal. Access the FSA Store from your personal dashboard on the Alight Smart-Choice website.
- Find work/life balance with the 5 Buckets Principle. Join us for this free, interactive Beacon Health webinar sponsored by RASWE ERG. You’ll learn how to prioritize your finances, friends and family, work, health and community. Attend virtually on Monday, May 2, from 12:00 p.m. to 1 p.m. Central Time. Register here.
- Go from tired to inspired.
Learn how to get around burnout, prevent it and keep yourself engaged in work and personal life with this free webinar from the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). (Company Code to log in: automation.)
- Get help from the Health Pros®.
Your personal Health Pro through Alight Advocacy can help you understand your medical option, verify coverage, transfer medical records, schedule appointments and resolve billing errors. Call 877.687.7272 or email AlightHealthPro@compassphs.com to get started.
- Don’t forget the FSA deadline.
If you used a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) in 2021 to pay for eligible health and/or dependent care expenses, you must submit your 2021 expenses for reimbursement no later than March 31, 2022.
- Jump start your health goals and save money.
If you haven’t already, complete the online Health Risk Questionnaire (HRQ) for the 2022 Health Management Program. You’ll get an overall picture of your health, avoid a $100 medical premium penalty and be on your way to earning up to $500 in incentives with Take Action activities.
- Thinking about retirement?
Take the time now to ensure a smooth transition. Learn about your retirement benefits, download the Retirement Guide, and review the Termination Benefits Summary to understand what happens to your current benefits.
The COVID-19 pandemic affected almost every part of our lives—including our preventive care. Many of us had to put off routine care to focus on staying healthy at home. Still, routine preventive care is one of the most important steps any of us can take to prevent serious illness. If you’re behind on your regular exams and screenings, now’s the time to get back on track.
Did you know?
- Annual physical exams with a primary care physician are the best way to manage your health long-term. Tracking your health stats year over year means your doctor can note changes to your weight, blood pressure, cholesterol, bone density and more, and manage them accordingly.
- Most people don’t experience cancer symptoms in the earliest, most treatable stages. Screenings help you recognize cancer before it becomes symptomatic when treatment has the highest chances of success.
- Vaccines are preventive care. You can protect yourself and your family from common, preventable illnesses like the flu, HPV, hepatitis A and B, chickenpox, COVID-19, shingles and more with vaccines.
- Dental cleanings and X-rays help prevent more serious and costly dental problems.
Schedule your preventive care today
Under our medical options, eligible preventive care for you—and your covered dependents—is free when you use an in-network physician. This includes annual physicals and screenings, well-child care, well-woman exams, prostate exams, flu shots, vaccines and more. If you’re enrolled in one of our dental options, your annual dental exams, cleanings, and X-rays are also 100% covered.
Charges may apply if you use an out-of-network physician or dentist. So always make sure you use an in-network provider. Need help? A Health Pro® through Alight Advocacy can help you schedule your preventive care with in-network providers. Call 1.877.687.7272 or email AlightHealthPro@compassphs.com to work with a Health Pro.
Focus on your mental health, too
Your mental and physical health are connected—so be sure to check in on both regularly. Regardless of your participation in a Rockwell Automation health plan, you have 24/7 access to free, confidential mental health care and support through Workplace Options. For more information or to talk with a trained counselor, call 1.855.897.4044 or go to the Workplace Options website (Company Code: automation).
Keep in mind …
- Everything you share with a Health Pro or Workplace Options counselor is completely confidential.
- Charges may apply if you use an out-of-network physician or dentist.
- A Health Pro® through Alight Advocacy can help you schedule your preventive care with in-network providers. Call 1.877.687.7272 or email AlightHealthPro@compassphs.com to work with a Health Pro.
- For more details on covered preventive care, read the Summary Plan Description (SPD) on Your Benefits.