‘Tis the season for parties, shopping, decorating, baking, entertaining, cooking and spending time with family and friends. For many people, it’s also a season for stress. But it doesn’t have to be. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers tips to help you reduce stress and enjoy the holidays.
You can explore the EAP website for articles and tips on the largest sources of holiday stress: holiday spending, dealing with family, managing your health, balancing work and more. (See examples below.) If you need more support and want to speak with a licensed clinical professional, call 1.800.892.1415 (on or after Jan. 1, 2014, call 1.855.897.4044). Professionals are standing by for you 24/7.
Helpful Holiday Articles
Dealing With Family
- Managing Your Family’s Expectations Over the Holidays
- Helping Children Cope With Holiday Stress: Tips for Parents
- Surviving the Holidays and Your In-laws
- Stepfamily Holidays and Traditions
- Handling Holiday Office Parties
- Holiday Time: Tips to Manage Work Stress
- Workplace Gift Giving: When, What and for Whom?
- Creating a Happy and Healthy Holiday Outlook (webinar)
- The Winter Holidays: What Are You Celebrating?
- Beating Those Post-holiday Blues
- Grief and Loss: Coping During the Holidays
Published: December 5, 2013