Time is running out, but you can still earn up to a $450 credit on your 2017 medical premiums. Simply complete these three steps by Dec. 31, 2016.
1. Start or finish your Take Action activity.
If you’ve started a Take Action activity, finish up by Dec. 31. If you have started one yet, you have two great options.
To earn this incentive, complete 700,000 steps before the year ends. Not sure you can get that many steps? Here’s the good news: All your steps since Jan. 1 count! Depending on your tracking device, you can sync or manually enter your previous steps.
- Jawbone: Automatically syncs back to Jan. 1 when you register.
- Fitbit: Automatically syncs the last 60 days when you register. You can then manually enter your previous steps.
- Other tracking device: You can manually enter the steps already collected in your step counter, pedometer or smartphone step tracker.
Once you register, use the 10K-A-Day mobile app (which simultaneously syncs with your online account) to log activity through the rest of the year.
During this time of year, you can usually find holiday-themed competitive run/walk events, such as the Turkey Trot, Ugly Sweater 5K or Santa Hustle 5K. Participating in one can be a fun, healthy way to complete a Take Action activity.
2. Complete your health screening
If you had an annual physical with blood work earlier this year, call your provider to get the information to complete the Health Care Provider Form. If you haven’t seen your doctor yet, call to see if you can set up an appointment before the end of the year. Use the information from your visit to complete the form. Then fax it to StayWell no later than Dec. 31.
If you ordered a home test kit by Nov. 17, follow the instructions to complete the kit and send it back before Dec. 31.
3. Complete the Health Risk Questionnaire (HRQ).
The HRQ is available at ra.staywell.com through Dec. 31. Remember: You must complete the screening and HRQ to earn ANY incentives and avoid paying $100 additional for medical coverage next year.