Results for Health Management Program
WP_Term Object ( [term_id] => 83 [name] => Take Action [slug] => take-action [term_group] => 0 [term_taxonomy_id] => 92 [taxonomy] => keyword [description] => [parent] => 673 [count] => 11 [filter] => raw [term_order] => 0 )
Take Action Details
You have options for your Take Action activities, such as challenges and coaching programs. You can complete two Take Action activities for up to $200 ($100 each) off your 2020 medical premiums. Sign up today.
Weight Loss Program
Need to lose weight? Earn a Take Action activity by participating in a weight-loss program. To qualify, the program must feature:
- Promotion of healthy weight loss (one to two pounds per week)
- Nutrition and physical activity guidelines
- In-person weight tracking and coaching or group support
- Weekly attendance (or at least 12 times during a four-month period)
This includes programs such as Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig®, Choose to Lose (offered in Mequon/Milwaukee), programs offered through fitness centers or health clubs, and programs guided by a registered dietician or certified weight-loss specialist. You can also enroll in the Real Appeal program if you participate in a UnitedHealthcare medical plan.
How to track: For all programs except Real Appeal, once you complete 12 weeks, go to ra.staywell.com, click Weight Loss Program #1 (or Weight Loss Program #2 if you’re completing a second program) and then click Self Report Now. That’s it! If you choose Real Appeal, they’ll report your participation directly to StayWell, so no action is needed from you.
Goal: Complete at least one 12-week weight loss program during 2019. You can then use a further 12-week program or any other Take Action activity as your second qualifying activity.
Timing: Attend 12 of the program’s weekly meetings within a consecutive four-month period. Your program must be completed—or both programs if you go for the second—by Dec. 31, 2019.
Aim for 10,000 steps a day and use your favorite step tracker to record your activity. The more steps you take, the faster you move along one of the program’s fun virtual routes.
How to track: To get started, you must first register for the 10K-A-Day challenge. Once you’re registered, there are two ways you can enter your steps: by syncing a tracking device or by entering them manually on the web or the 10K-A-Day smartphone app.
If you own a tracker:
- You can set up your device to automatically sync with the challenge. For instructions on syncing your Fitbit, Garmin, YOO, Movable or Apple Health tracking device, log on to ra.staywell.com.
- After you register and sync your device, your steps may be counted beginning Jan. 1, 2019, depending on the type of tracker you use.
- Use the 10K-A-Day smartphone app to log activity (which simultaneously syncs with your online account), view recipes and health tips, “visit” locations, and track your progress.
If you do not own a tracker, or you complete activities when not wearing your tracker:
- After you register, you can convert any activity into steps using the online tool, and record the activity as steps.
- Or you can enter the step count from another type of step counter, pedometer or smartphone step tracker.
Goal: Stay active enough to complete 700,000 steps throughout the year. Or keep going to automatically complete 1,400,000 steps and earn a second incentive.
Timing: You can go at your own pace. For every 2,000 steps you record, you’ll move a mile on the 10K-A-Day route.
Using a Tracking Device for 10K-A-Day
If you are using a new tracker this year, be sure to update your challenge enrollment to make sure your device syncs.
If you sync a Garmin for the first time, it will sync your steps back three months. A YOO, Movable or Apple Health device will sync your steps back six months. And a Fitbit will sync back 365 days. So, for example, if you register an Apple Health device on Sept. 1, 2019, the system will automatically backlog your steps from the previous six months. None of the devices will sync prior to Jan. 1, 2019.
Note: Even if you used your tracking device for Step It Up, you must register your device for the 10K-A-Day challenge.
GET FIT ON ROUTE 66
Track your physical activity—any activity you choose—to take a virtual road trip along legendary highway Route 66. Every minute of activity moves you further along the shores of Lake Michigan to the California Coast.
How to track: Go online to log your physical activity minutes—whether it’s walking, running, golfing, gardening, swimming or cycling—each day. Use the Get Fit on Route 66 mobile app to log activity, view recipes and health tips, “visit” attractions, and track your progress.
Goal: Stay active enough to complete the 2,448-mile road trip. Or keep going to complete the trip twice and earn a second incentive. You must register again before you can take a second trip.
Timing: For every minute of activity you log, your virtual car will move two miles along the route. If you record 30 minutes of activity a day, five days a week, you’ll complete the program in approximately eight weeks.
ROCKWELL AUTOMATION WALKING CHALLENGE
The Rockwell Automation Walking Challenge is all about working more cardio into your life and staying active. To get started, you can choose one of the two walking challenges listed below. Then print your tracking map from ra.staywell.com. Any physical activity counts. You can use the conversion chart found on the back of your tracking map to convert your activities into steps.
- 100 Miles in 100 Days
- ROK Around the World
How to track: Track your steps on your tracking map. Once you complete your challenge, log in to the StayWell website one time to report your completion.
Goal: Make it to the last stop of your walking challenge. Complete the same challenge a second time, or choose a different route, to earn a second incentive.
Timing: Experts recommend that you walk or exercise the equivalent of 8,500 steps a day to reach 700,000 steps in about 12 weeks.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN A CHALLENGE
1. Log in to the Staywell website.
2. Click the challenge you want to participate in on the To Do list or click the challenge logo on the message board.
3. On the challenge page, click “Let’s Go!”
4. Choose a program user name and sign up for optional email reminders.
5. Start participating!
Community Athletic Events
If exercise is already part of your everyday life, and you participate in events such as 5K or 10K walks/runs, half-marathons, marathons, triathlons, team sports, tournaments or similar athletic competitions, you can receive your Take Action incentive credit.
We know most athletes invest in at least 12 weeks of training time, and we want to acknowledge your hard work! Therefore, you can take credit for your athletic event(s) instead of tracking daily physical activity. Complete up to two events your way this year—run, walk, ski, swim, bike, softball, tennis, etc.—and earn the Take Action activity incentive.
Complete one event to earn $100.
Complete a second event to earn another $100. (That’s $200 total!)
Receive one-on-one support from mindfulness-based stress reduction trained health and wellness professionals for self-guided individual practice. Call Workplace Options at 1.855.897.4044 to get started.
How to track: Once you complete six weekly telephonic sessions, go to ra.staywell.com, click Aware Program and then click Self Report Now. That’s it!
Goal: Manage stress by participating in telephonic mindfulness sessions.
Timing: Complete six weekly telephonic sessions.
Personalized phone coaching gives you the opportunity to work one-on-one with a trained health coach to create a game plan that’s right for you in areas ranging from weight management, exercise, nutrition, stress, back care, and managing your cholesterol and blood pressure. You can get started by calling StayWell at 1.800.721.2696 or going online at ra.staywell.com.
How to track: Your health coach will keep track of your phone calls.
Goal: Complete the phone coaching program. You will receive credit for the program after your third coaching call. Talk to your coach about other coaching opportunities and earn a second incentive when you complete a second program.
Timing: Work with your health coach to determine a timeline that works best for your goals.
“EASY START” CALLS & MAILINGS
Not sure what healthy habit to target? Let a health coach guide you. The “Easy Start” Calls & Mailings program combines phone calls with a health coach and home mailings to help you kick-start healthy changes to achieve your 2019 goals. You can get started by calling StayWell at 1.800.721.2696 or going online at ra.staywell.com.
How to track: Your StayWell professional health coach will keep track for you.
Goal: Complete three phone calls and receive three mailings. Get help with a second habit and earn another incentive when you complete the second program.
Timing: This program will include a monthly phone call followed by an educational mailing. The program takes about three months to complete.
The Health Risk Questionnaire (HRQ) is required
If you don’t complete the HRQ in 2019, you’ll pay an additional $100 on your 2020 medical premiums, and you won’t earn any incentives for the other activities.
Health Management Program Overview
Complete three steps to earn up to $450 toward your 2020 medical premiums. Here’s how it works.
- Health Risk Questionnaire (HRQ): The HRQ is essential to understanding your overall health and how your decisions now can affect you in the future. That’s why the HRQ is required in 2019. If you don’t complete the HRQ, you’ll pay an additional $100 on your 2020 medical premiums, and you won’t earn any incentives for the other activities. You can complete the HRQ later this fall.
- Health Screening: The health screening measures five healthy targets that can help identify risks and track improvement before it’s too late. You earn $50 for every healthy target you meet for up to $250 off your 2020 medical premiums. Your doctor handles four of these tests, while you check your own cardiorespiratory response. You can complete the two screening forms anytime during the year. Onsite screenings will be offered at certain locations later this fall.
- Take Action: You have options for your Take Action activities, such as challenges and coaching programs. You can complete two Take Action activities for up to $200 ($100 each) off your 2020 medical premiums.