Results for Benefits Enrollment
Make sure you know who’s eligible. Here’s a look:
You are eligible if
- you are employed by Rockwell Automation and work 20 hours or more per week.
- you are a Student Associate working full-time, you’re eligible for medical coverage and the 401(k) only.
Your spouse1 is eligible if
- you are legally married
Your domestic partner is eligible if
- you are in a committed relationship and are financially interdependent;
- neither of you is married to, or in a domestic partnership with, anyone else; and
- you are not related by blood to a degree of closeness that would otherwise prohibit marriage.
Your children are eligible if they are
- your natural children, stepchildren, your domestic partner’s children under the age 262
- legally adopted children under age 26 for whom adoption papers have been filed and who is living with the adopting parents during the period of adoption
- foster children under age 26, placed with you by an authorized placement agency
- children under age 26 for whom you are responsible under a court order or any age if they have a physical or mental disability diagnosed before age 26 that requires lifetime care and supervision
1Legally married same-sex spouses can receive health coverage on a pre-tax basis, and their eligible expenses can be reimbursed from an employee’s HSA or Health Care FSA. Anytime a spouse is referenced in this guide, it applies to all legally married spouses.
2If your domestic partner and his or her children don’t qualify as your dependents for federal income tax purposes, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires that your contributions for their coverage be paid on an after-tax basis and that Rockwell Automation’s cost toward this coverage be reported as imputed income, which is taxable to you. Additionally, since Rockwell Automation adds a surcharge for coverage of any spouse/domestic partner who can obtain medical coverage from his or her own employer, you may want to check the cost-effectiveness of obtaining separate coverage as two individuals.