Results for Retirement Savings Plan
When You Can Expect Your Distribution
Your distribution request (direct rollover or cash payment) from your Retirement Savings Plan account will be processed in one to two business days. It may take one to two weeks for you to receive it.
If Your Vested Account Balance is More Than $1,000 When You Retire
- Consider consulting with a trusted investment advisor, tax specialist or attorney to help you decide the distribution option—and payment timing—that will best fit your needs.
- Make your distribution election with Fidelity within one to two weeks of when you want to receive a distribution. To do that, call the Rockwell Automation Service Center at Fidelity.
- Expect to receive a personalized distribution information packet from Fidelity summarizing your distribution choices if you do not make a distribution election shortly after you retire. This packet will arrive within the first month following your retirement date.
- If you decide to roll over your account balance into an IRA, explore several IRA providers to find one that will fit your needs. (Rockwell Automation does not endorse or recommend any IRA providers.)
- Count on having your vested account balance stay in the Rockwell Automation Retirement Savings Plan until you make a distribution election.
If Your Vested Account Balance is $1,000 or Less When You Retire
- Review the information you will automatically receive from Fidelity that outlines your distribution choices.
- Decide what to do with your vested account balance: receive it as a single lump-sum cash payment that will be taxed, elect a direct rollover to an IRA or a new employer’s plan that accepts rollovers, or request a partial withdrawal from your account balance if you are age 59 ½ or older.
- Notify the Rockwell Automation Service Center at Fidelity within 90 days following your retirement if you want to elect a direct rollover.
- Prepare to receive your vested account balance as a single lump-sum cash payment (less the required income tax withholding) if you do not elect a direct rollover within 90 days following your retirement date. If you do not elect a direct rollover, you will receive the payment at the end of the calendar quarter that follows after the calendar quarter in which you retire. For example, if you retire on June 3, you would receive your payment by the end of September.
Take Note of These Rockwell Automation Stock Fund Details
If a portion of your Retirement Savings Plan account continues to be invested in the Rockwell Automation Stock Fund after you retire and that amount is more than 15% of your total account balance, Fidelity will automatically transfer the portion that exceeds 15% of your account balance out of the Rockwell Automation Stock Fund and into the default target date fund in the year after you retire. If this applies to you, Fidelity will notify you in advance of the transfer.