Print Archive: August, 2019
Knowledge is power. It helps us make informed decisions and not overlook what’s right under our nose. And it’s especially powerful when it impacts our wellbeing.
That’s why we’re asking you to get a health screening before the end of the year. Because when you know your numbers, you can take control of your health. In fact, over the past six years, more Rockwell employees who have repeated the health screening have met their targets for cardiorespiratory fitness, blood pressure and weight—and you can, too.
The time is now—beat the clock and complete your health screening before Dec. 31, 2019. We’ll even give you up to $250 off your 2020 medical premiums just for doing it—along with three easy ways to get it done.
Option 1: Health screening onsite
Your office location may offer onsite screenings this fall. Visit ra.staywell.com to see what dates and times are available. If you don’t see an onsite event at your location, read on to find out two other ways you can complete your screening.
New! We’ve streamlined the onsite screening process. Instead of going to multiple stations during your screening, you can now get all of your healthy measures taken at just one station. As a result, we’re no longer offering the cardio step test onsite, but you can still take the test at home.
Option 2: With a health care provider
You can always schedule an appointment with your primary care provider (PCP) to conduct a routine physical. If you choose this option, you’ll need to do a few things:
- Print the Health Care Provider Form and Cardiorespiratory Test Form from staywell.com > Forms.
- Bring the Health Care Provider Form with you to your appointment so your physician can help you write in your numbers.
- Follow the instructions on the Cardiorespiratory Test Form to complete the test and fill out the form at home.
- Mail or fax both forms to StayWell. The information on where to mail or fax is located on each form.
What if I already got my physical earlier this year? Then you’re in luck. You don’t need to get another physical—just call your physician to get your results so you can fill out the Health Care Provider Form and send it to StayWell.
Option 3: Free home test kit
You can conduct your own blood test and cardio step test at home with a free kit from StayWell. To order your kit, call StayWell at 1.800.721.2696.
Tip: Visit a local CVS MinuteClinic, walk-in clinic or your doctor’s office to take your blood pressure for the kit.
Once you’ve completed the kit, you’ll need to mail it back to StayWell. Make sure you mail it in time to arrive before Dec. 31, 2019.
Remember, no matter how you complete your screening, it’s 100% confidential. No one at Rockwell Automation will have access to your results.
But wait, there’s more!
Earning up to $250 off your 2020 premiums sounds nice, right? But $450 probably sounds even better. To earn that additional $200 off, complete two Take Action activities before the end of the year.
Two Take Action activities you may want to consider are phone coaching and the Real Appeal weight loss program. Why? Rockwell employees who participated in phone coaching have seen nearly an 8% improvement in their health risks. And those who took control of their health through a weight loss program saw a 2% improvement.
To get started, visit ra.staywell.com.
The savings don’t end here
Guess what? By doing just one more simple step, you can avoid paying an additional $100 on your 2020 premiums. All you have to do is complete the Health Risk Questionnaire, which you can take at ra.staywell.com any time after Annual Enrollment kicks off on Oct. 26, 2019.
Important! If you don’t complete the questionnaire before the end of the year, you will pay an additional $100 for medical coverage in 2020.
More information is on its way
Look for a Rockwell health screening brochure coming to your home soon. This will have all the information you need to complete your health screening in 2019.
- Knowing the warning signs of suicide could mean saving someone’s life. Our next EAP webinar will teach you the risk factors to look for so you can intervene and help prevent a suicide from happening. Sign up to join the webinar on Tuesday, Sept. 3 at 1 p.m. Central Time.
- Sign up now for a Retirement Process webinar this fall. You can register for a session on Oct. 9, Oct. 23, or Nov. 5. Spots fill up quickly, so it’s a good idea to register soon.
- When you have benefit questions, the answers may be easier to find than you think. Check out our Benefits Resources page to find the right resources. When you visit the page on your mobile device, you’ll have the option to download it to your home screen so you can access the app anytime.