Print Archive: April, 2018
Your health is important. So when you or a family member need care, you want the best possible outcome. That’s why we offer a health plan that has identified doctors who provide high-quality, cost-efficient care—with consistently better results. Here are two ways you can get the quality care you deserve while saving money at the same time.
1. Choose Tier 1 Physicians
These physicians have been evaluated and recognized for quality of care and cost efficiency. This can mean lower costs and fewer complications. For example, compared to other orthopedic surgeons, Tier 1 orthopedic surgeons achieved the following when performing knee replacement procedures1:
- 37% fewer repeat procedures
- 18% lower complication rates
- 25% lower per-episode costs
Tier 1 physicians work in a wide range of specialties, like family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics, cardiology, orthopedics and more. When you’re selecting a new physician, look for the Tier 1 symbol.
2. Go to a Freestanding Facility
A freestanding facility is an outpatient center or independent laboratory that is not part of a hospital. They are held to the same high standards as hospital-based facilities, but they don’t have the same overhead costs, so you generally pay less. For example, an MRI at a hospital can cost up to $2,655, while an MRI at a freestanding clinic is just $4182.
When your physician recommends a test, look for the freestanding facility green arrow symbol.
1 2016 UnitedHealthcare Network (Par) Commercial Claims analysis for 16 specialties and 163 markets. Rates are based on historical information and are not a guarantee of future outcomes.
2 These numbers are for illustrative purposes only and can vary by geographic region.
- Turn your savings into retirement income during the next retirement webinar. Learn the importance of developing a plan to save for your retirement. Register now and tune in on Wednesday, April 25, at 3 p.m. Central Time.
- Steer clear of hidden dangers with prescription drug use during next month’s employee webinar. Avoid the unintended consequences of prescription drugs like opioids and stimulants when they’re not used correctly. Sign up today to listen in on Tuesday, May 8, at 3 p.m. Central Time.
- Register for upcoming retirement webinars with Financial Engines. Financial Engines will show you how their tools and resources can help you manage your retirement, and you’ll also get great estate planning tips. Two separate webinars will be held on Wednesday, May 9, at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Central Time. Sign up now to grab your spot!
- The family Health Savings Account (HSA) maximum contribution was lowered by the IRS due to tax reform. The amount was lowered from $6,900 to $6,850 for any individual enrolled in family coverage. The Rockwell Automation payroll system was updated to reflect this change, and no action is needed from you.
- The 2017 Annual Funding Notice for the Rockwell Automation Pension Plan is now available. For those hired before July 1, 2010: This Defined Benefit Pension Plan Annual Funding Notice is required by the U.S. Department of Labor as part of the Pension Protection Act of 2006. You don’t need to do anything. A copy is also available at EmployeeConnect on the “Your Benefits” tab. Click on “Your Benefits Resources” > “Retirement” tab > “Plan Information” page, and then click on the link under the “Legal Information” section. For more information about the Rockwell Automation Pension Plan, contact the Rockwell Automation Service Center through EmployeeConnect or call 1.877.OUR.RASC (1.877.687.7272).
- The annual Company contribution for 2017 (the Non-Elective Contribution) was deposited into Retirement Savings Plan accounts on March 28, 2018. Generally, you receive the annual Company contribution if you were hired after July 1, 2010, and do not participate in the Pension Plan. You can log in to your account to view “transaction history” on Fidelity’s NetBenefits website. If you need assistance with your 401(k) account, contact the Rockwell Automation Service Center at Fidelity at 1.877.ROK.401K (1.877.765.4015) between 7:30 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. Central Time on normal business days.
- Review your legal documents with Hyatt Legal Plans. They’ll help you with things like adoption, wills, trusts and much more. Log in or call 1.800.821.6400.
- New: Manage your MetLife Group Universal Life (GUL) Insurance online. The MetLife MyBenefits portal now lets you view or make changes to your grandfathered GUL Insurance plan. Go to the MetLife MyBenefits portal to get started.